Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4: 'Pac-Man' Says He Wants to Knock Marquez Out


While eight-division champ Manny Pacquiao waited for promoters to pump up his fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez, "Pac-Man" wrote "I need a knockout" on a piece of paper, according to trainer Freddie Roach (per ESPN.com), showing that his motivation is back.


Not leaving everything to writing on a piece of paper, Pacquiao spoke of his desire to beat Marquez in a clear-cut fashion on December 8 to ESPN.com:

I want to erase the doubt of the last three fights. There's so many people still asking if I won the fights. I think to myself, 'Something is wrong. I have to do it again.' This time, I will train hard to put this fight up in the history of boxing. I want to make this fight short. I want to knock him out.

Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) is not usually one to call someone out, but his determination to beat Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs) by KO shows he must have re-evaluated his less-than-stellar showings in the ring the past few fights.

Most boxing fans were disappointed when the fourth bout between Pacquiao and Marquez was announced, but the increased motivation being shown by Pacquiao should create some added excitement for the bout.

Pacquiao went on to tell ESPN.com, "I want to be the other Manny Pacquiao, like when I was 24, 25 years old. I want people who watch this fight to be satisfied. I don't care about a belt. I don't care about the money. I want the win."

With Pacquiao's career nearing the end, getting a glimpse of the "old" Pacquiao would be a nice change from the seemingly distracted and unmotivated fighter we have seen the past few times he has fought.

No comments:

Post a Comment